Wednesday, February 27, 2013

First Post



Hello there! I’m Ali!
My favorite book is actually hard to choose. Many people probably picked The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, which is one of my top choices, but I am going to be original here. My favorite book, or series, is the Hush Hush series by Becca Fizpatrick. It is a fantasy novel about a girl who becomes intertwined with a fallen angel, against both of their own wills. I loved it because of the constant action, and the amount of similarities between the main character and me helped me relate to the story more.
I really love fantasy books. They’re actually what I read 90% of the time…it’s a problem. Anyways, I like fantasy because it lets you escape into a different world. The plots are usually a lot more original and unique, too, because with fantasy, you can do whatever you want!
Currently, I am reading Thirteen Days to Midnight by Michael Carman. The book is about Jake, a teenage boy who attends a religious high school. His life is totally turned upside-down when he and his adopted father are in the car, on a seemingly normal day. They spin out of control and are going to hit a tree at 60 mph, when the older man turns to Jake and whispers, “You are invincible.” Now, Jake has power thrust upon him. He has the power to choose if someone lives or dies, just by whispering the same three words to them and transferring his power of invincibility into their body. The power leaves his body and is sent to the other person, and then automatically comes back to him after the danger has passed. The problem is, Jake has barely any idea how far he can push the limits before the power doesn’t save him. Fire, long falls, head trauma, knives, guns. He feels none of them. But what about drowning? What would happen? Everyone needs to breathe. His two companions, Milo and Oh (short for Ophelia) need to figure out how he is going to use this power for good, and they need to keep it from getting into their heads. With great power comes great responsibility, and this power may make anyone invincible, but it can destroy him or her at the same time.   
Well, that pretty much sums it up!
~Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment